夏天的飞鸟,飞到我的窗前唱歌,又飞去了。
秋天的黄叶,它们没有什么可唱,只叹息一声,飞落在那里。
Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and flyaway.
And yellow leaves of autumn, which have nosongs, flutter and fall there with a sign.
世界上的一队小小的漂泊者呀,请留下你们的足印在我的文字里。
O troupe of little vagrants of the world, leave your footprints in my words.
世界对了它的爱人,把它浩翰的面具揭下了。
它变小了,小如一首歌,小如一回永恒的接吻。
The world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover.
It becomes small as one song, as one kiss of the eternal.
是大地的泪点,使她的微笑保持着青春不
It is the tears of the earth that keep her smiles in bloom.
The mighty desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who shakes her head and laughs and flies away.
无垠的沙漠热烈追求一叶绿草的爱,她摇摇头笑着飞开了。
如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。
If youshed tears when youmiss the sun, youalso miss thestars.
跳舞着的流水呀,在你途中的泥沙,要求你的歌声,你的流动呢。你肯挟跛足的泥沙而俱下么?
The sands in your way begfor your songand yourmovement, dancing water. Will you carry the burden of their lameness?
她的热切的脸,如夜雨似的,搅扰着我的
Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.
有一次,我们梦见大家都是不相识的。
我们醒了,却知道我们原是相亲相爱的。
Once we dreamt that we were strangers.We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.
忧思在我的心里平静下去,正如傍晚的暮色降临在寂静的山林之中。
Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.
有些看不见的手指,如懒懒的微飔似的,正在我的心上,奏着潺湲的乐声。
Some unseen fingers, like an idle breeze, are playing upon my heart the music of the ripples.
静静地听,我的心呀,听那世界的低语,这是它对你求爱的表示呀。
Listen, my heart, tothe whispers of the world with which it makes love to you.
“海水呀,你说的是什么?”
“是永恒的疑问。”
“天空呀,你回答的话是什么?”
“是永恒的沉默。”
“What language is thine, O sea?”
“The language of eternal question.”
“What language is thy answer, O sky?”
“The language of eternal silence.”
不要因为峭壁是高的,便让你的爱情坐在峭壁上。
Do not seat your love upon a precipice because it is high.
我今晨坐在窗前,世界如一个路人似的,停留了一会,向我点点头又走过去了。
I sit at my window this morning where the world like a passer-by stops for a moment, nods to me and goes.
这些微飔,是树叶的簌簌之声呀;它们在我的心里, 偷悦地微语着。
These little thoughts are the rustle of leaves; they have their whisperof joy in my mind.
休息与工作的关系,正如眼睑与眼睛的关系。
Rest belongs to the work as the eyelids to the eyes.
那些把灯背在背上的人,把他们的影子投到了自己前面。
They throw their shadows before them whocarry their lantern on their back.
我的存在,对我是一个永久的神奇,这就是生活。
That I exist is a perpetual surprise which is life.
“我们萧萧的树叶都有声响回答暴风雨。你是谁,沉默着?”
“我不过是一朵花。”
“We, the rustling leaves, have a voice that answers the storms, but who are you so silent?”
“I am a mere flower.”
神希望我们酬答他,在于他送给我们的花朵,而不在于太阳和土地。
God expects answers for the flowers he sends us, not for the sun and the earth.
光明如一个裸体的孩子,快快活活地在绿叶当中游戏,它不知道人是会欺诈的。
The light that plays, like a naked child, among the greenleaves happily knows not that man can lie.
人是一个初生的孩子,他的力量,就是生长的力量。
Man is a born child, his power is the power of growth. 啊,美呀,在爱中找你自己吧,不要到你镜子的谄谀去找寻。
O beauty, find thyself in love, not in the flattery of thy mirror.
我的心把她的波浪在世界的海岸上冲激着,以热泪在上边写着她的题记:“我爱你。”
My heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon it her signature in tears with the words, “Ilove thee.”
“月儿呀,你在等候什么呢?”
“敬礼我将让位的太阳。”
“Moon, for what do you wait?”
“To salute the sun for whom I must make way.”
神自己的清晨,在他自己看来也是新奇的。
His own mornings are new surprises to God.
生命从世界得到资产,爱情使它得到价值。
Life finds its wealthby the claims of the world, and itsworth by the claims of love.
P2-18